Chronic hepatitis B (CHB) is a severe public health burden and an unmet medical need. Current standard therapies, interferon-α and nucleot(s)ides, cannot eliminate HBV. Recently, various novel targets and approaches are being explored towards the cure of CHB. The Biology HBV team in Research Service Division (RSD) at WuXi AppTec, led by a group of experienced scientists with in-depth knowledge in anti-HBV drug discovery, has established and been providing an open access and full-range integrated HBV platform to our clients, including biochemical and cell-based assays, ex vivo PHH systems, animal models and clinical virology assays. The WuXi HBV team is your ideal partner for discovery and development of novel anti-HBV agents.
A broad assay platform for the discovery of agents for the treatment of chronic HBV infection. Services for assay establishment and validation, compound screening and characterization, and support of preclinical studies and clinical trials.
In Vitro Assays
(1) HBV stable cell lines : HepG2.2.15, DE19 and DES19
-HBV DNA, cccDNA (qPCR, dot blot, Southern blot)
-HBV antigens (ELISA, IHC, Western blot)
-HBV RNAs (Northern blot, RT-qPCR)
-Encapsidated RNA and DNA
(2) HBV DNA constructs with transient transfection assay
(3) Clinical isolates/genotype A to J (~5 strains for each genotype)
(4) Nucleot(s)ide and capsid inhibitor resistant mutants
(5) Phenotyping with shuttle vectors and mutant constructs